Sunday 14 March 2010

Mother's Day

I am so very blessed! I have the nicest and kindest boy in the world! I had told him I didn't really want anything for Mother's Day, except perhaps coffee in bed and a lazy morning in bed... I did get that, plus he had bought this Scrapbooking book for me.

I have dabbled a bit in Scrapbooking before, but I find it is sooo timeconsuming. I made an album last Easter when I had a number of days to myself and found it took a long time to go through the pictures and choose the ones for the album. However, it is very worthwhile once it is done!

Easter is coming up and there might be a chance to do another album (the pictures waiting to be sorted are numerous!!!) so I was very pleased to get some inspiration in this book!

We also made another attempt at going to Ikea (and yes, Our Boy came with us to spend the day with his Mother!) to find some inspiration for the flat in Edinburgh. This time we made it and I am pleased to say it was a very productive day! We have chosen the sofa (yes it is a sofabed for friends to stay on when the come to visit!!!),  the beds, and looked at wardrobes. Some more measuring needs to be done before we can settle on the wardrobes. The rest will be decided once we have the flat and we might want to look around Edinburgh to mix some old and new pieces.


As we say in Norwegian: "Nar det regner pa presten, sa drypper det pa klokkeren", so we also got a chair for the livingroom at our present house.The Professor is testing it out on the picture. As you see, I have started putting the NowRuz table together! I am really pleased that the Sabzi has grown so well!!!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Mother's day! (We have to wait until the first Sunday in May for ours here.)
    Great photo of Herr Prof! Let me know what scrapbooking materials you might like (themed stickers, individual letters, etc.) as it is possible to buy them quite cheaply here at dollar stores!
    Have a great week,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Sarah,

    You are too kind! Actually, I might well do that... Just need to get a number of other stuff off my desk like a research and methodology report due for end of May before I indulge...I will let you know!

    All the best to you all, too.
    Love Mette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Å så snill da! Alltid kjekt med overraskelser når de er så gjennomtenkt

    Ha en fin fin dag!

    klemE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hei Mette!! Så hyggelig med en besøkende fra England, da!! Og flott blogg du har! Ser at jeg skal kose meg med å lese skriverier her i kveld :-)

    Jepp - kjenner igjen følelsen du beskriver med bilder! Selv har jeg aldri vært innom papirscrapping - alt for timeconsuming, som du sier! Men datascrapping drev jeg på med en periode - men fikk jo ikke brukt en brøkdel av bildene engang...

    Så nå blir det enkle layout'er digitalt som jeg etterhvert putter inn i album som jeg får printet ut hos en eller annen fotoleverandør. Og det fungerer flott! Spesielt siden jeg tar MASSE bilder få får jeg rett og slett brukt noen av dem!

    Vel - back to work. Jeg jobber offshore så det går i jobb, spise, sove og litt fotoredigering for tiden...

    Ha en flott dag!

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest