Wednesday 8 June 2011

Recommended Viewing: X-Men First Class


Our Boy took his parents out last Saturday to see a film of his choice:
'X-Men First Class'

Apparently, this is the second film in the series - although it is the film before the first, if that makes sense... In other words, cronologically speaking - THIS film should have been the first film.. Why do film makers do this - make series in the wrong order???

Anyway, it didn't matter to me as this was the first time I had heard of this film...

Would I recommend it?
Well, let me put it this way - it wouldn't have been my choice of film if I had gone with a friend. But I didn't fall asleep (a good sign) and I was entertained at times and did laugh!
But I am convinced it helps if you have a 15 year old boy to accompany you...

The story is set in 1962 and I feel somewhat uncomfortable with real historical events (the Cuban missile crises and the events in the Bay of Pigs in this case) are used in a fantasy story about mutant humans with supernatural abilities. I just hope kids today learn about events how they really happened and don't take this 'version' of history as the truth...!

I do like James McAvoy who plays Professor Charles Xavier (who will forever be poor Mr Tumnus from Narnia for me). Granted that most of the story is complete fantasy, we still had a jolly good laugh when Charles completed his PhD from Oxford and immediately became a professor...

Oh, the simplifications of life that Hollywood imposes upon us...

1 comment:

  1. I filmen- og fantasiens verden er alt mulig...og noen ganger er det litt deilig med virkelighetsflukt......

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest