Saturday 4 August 2012

More Summer Projects...


I am truly in a crocheting phase at the moment
:-)

When we went to Venice I had thrown some left over yarn and a crochet hook in the suitcase thinking I might find something to make in a quiet moment. No need to bring any patterns when you have access to the web! With no TV (that I could easily understand) I ended up making various things (actually ran out of yarn!), among them this light cover for jam jars. Many bloggers have made lovely light covers for jam jars and here is my version.

I found the pattern for the cover here. I then found a pattern for the flower, but I can't find the link to the flower anymore... But it wouldn't take much to find suitable instructions for the flower or get a lesson on YouTube if you don't know how to crochet. I learnt to crochet by myself when I was a child by looking at instructions in a magazine (imagine, there was a time - not too long ago - when there was NO Internet...!). My mother was very good at knitting and an excellent seamstress, but she didn't know how to crochet but I figured out the basics myself.

I don't have much of what I have made over the years as I tend to make things to give away, and this was the case now as well. The cover and flower stayed in Venice as a small 'thank you' to our lovely hostess who had seen it when cleaning the flat and in truly elaborate Italian style exclaimed her fondness for it. So, this is my little contribution to spreading Scandinavian style handicraft in Italy!

We have just finished a couple of jam jars in our house, so I think I will make a couple, for myself this time!

3 comments:

  1. Hihi, du høres ut som meg på ferie! Kan ikke dra uten noen form for håndarbeide jeg heller. =)
    Fine ble de!
    Jeg har heklet kluter og en pute med restegarn nå (kommer på bloggen snart) men alltid inspirerende med tips til andre ting.
    Ha en fin søndag. Klem!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nydelig! Tenker meg lyset siles fint gjennom denne..

    Klem fra Tove

    ReplyDelete
  3. Da sier jeg på godt italiensk: Bellissimo !
    Ikke rart den italienske damen viste sin begeistring, noe som er morsomt å oppleve, da går ermer i været og "mamma mia" - "madonna" - ord kommer gjerne rennende ut av munnen...thiii :)

    Jeg har også fått helt dilla på hekling for tiden, går i disse englemaskehekling, lager sjal, og akkurat ferdig med ett nå til stedatter'n min. Og nytt garn er innkjøpt og nytt skal skal lages til en venninne ...hehe

    god kveld og snart ny uke, så jeg sier: Have a nice new week :)

    Greetings from Tjøme

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest