Tuesday 10 January 2012

Healthy Surprises in a Box

I have previously told you about my shopping secret.
In short - as I hate going grocery shopping, I shop online and have it delivered to our house instead. Ok, it might not happen every week as admittedly sometimes you can get some inspiration when you go to the shops, but most weeks I would rather do something else with my time!
It is a perfect arrangement for me.

They have now introduced a box filled with various seasonal fruit and vegetables. I was initially sceptical to this as I prefer to choose my own combination of fruit and vegetables, but then I was getting bored with my own choices. You get an indication of what they may be including when you place the order, but there might be some changes due to the season.

To be honest, I love this.

This way I am introduced to new vegetables on a regular basis and it 'forces' me to think of new dishes to make to utilise these sometimes to me new vegetables:

Last week in this mix was fresh beetroot which I have only ever eaten pickled and bought in a jar. I made a lovely pan of mixed roasted vegetables with the beetroots (cut in large pieces and sprinkle some olive oil/salt/pepper over beetroots, parsnips, potatoes, garlic, onions, carrots, swedes and roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes till done).

This week the box included fennel which was also a new ingredient to me. I made a lovely fennel soup with cod and shrimp - I found the recipe on Trine's Matblogg. It was lovely and I will definetely make this soup again AND buy more fennel.

Sometimes it is good to be forced to think
'outside the box'...

:-)

3 comments:

  1. Fennikel er min grønsaksfavoritt og vi bruker den ganske ofte. Elsker den anissmaken......Den er også god gyldnet litt i smør på panna og så gratinert med litt permasanost. Deilig tilbehør til lyst kjøtt og fisk. Den suppa fra Trine skal jeg definitivt lage en dag. Så bare helt vidunderlig ut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Høres spennende ut, man kjører seg jo ofte fast i de samme "gamle" grønnsakene. Det gjelder forsåvidt andre matvarer også.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ser de flinke i det italienske kjøkken til å bruke fennikel, noe som får meg er helt ukjent....

    Så moro at du fant oppskrift slik at dette ble brukt og ikke minst spist opp !

    God ide dette her :)

    Spennende hva du nå får ved neste levering...... til da Ciao fra Italy

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest