Sunday 20 March 2011

Happy New Year!


We have been spending a lovely New Year's Weekend (Persian New Year tonight!) with The Professor
To be frank, we haven't been able to fulfill all the practical plans I had made, but that is ok... There will be days after these!

Very fittingly, spring has more or less 'sprung' here and I mowed the lawn for the first time this year today!
I tried to convince myself that it MUST mean we are getting a little closer to summer...

;-)


As it is Nowruz tonight I leave you with tip which is a typical Persian New Year's dish:

Traditional Persian food for the New Year is fish (often fried) served with rice cooked with dill.
Try adding some dill to your rice next time.
It is really different, aromatic and tasty!

Eid-e shoma mobarak!

2 comments:

  1. And to you, Mette and family: Happy New Year! I hope you have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Godt nytt år til dere da. her i Bergen venter vi regnmonsterbyger i dagene som kommer. Ja aja da blir vi jo kvitt snøen.ønsker deg en fin ny uke.
    Klem

    ReplyDelete

Pinterest